No matter what type of timeshare lease agreement you are signing, it is always a good idea to ask for a copy of the original timeshare contract and carefully study the terms and conditions. Pay close attention to the maintenance costs, taxes and additional charges. If the language of the contract is too confusing, you should ask for a sample annual schedule of the total costs. If the other party cannot produce one, that is a major red flag. Also make sure to review any clauses demanding advance payment without the use of a secure escrow account. Even if there is mention of an escrow company, do a background check of that company with the Better Business Bureau or a third-party rating agency.
Receive weekly travel deals and timeshare bargains
What Sections of a Timeshare Lease Agreement Should I Re-read before Signing?
Other Renting Timeshare Advice Articles
- Are Westgate Timeshare Reviews Mostly Positive?
- What Are the Best Timeshare Rental Companies for Newbies?
- What Timeshare Rental Companies Should I Avoid?
- Are Starwood Timeshares a Profitable Deal?
- How Do I Score the Best Values in Vacation Ownership?
- Is There Reason to Avoid a Starwood Vacation Ownership?
- Where Can I Lease Out Starwood Timeshares for a Season?
- How Do I Find Starwood Tahiti Timeshare Rental Deals?
- What Should I Keep in Mind before Signing a Timeshare Rental Agreement?
- Where Should I Advertise My Holiday Inn Club Timeshare Rental?
- What Documents Should I Have Ready before Showing My Timeshare Rental?
- How Can the Holiday Club Inn Help Me Rent My Timeshare?
- What Should I Consider before Making a Starwood Timeshare Rental Agreement?
- Why Should I Consider Placing My Starwood Rental Ad on a Timeshare Trading Site?
- Why Should I Consider Using a Timeshare Broker to Rent a Starwood Timeshare?
- What Information Should I Seek from Starwood if I Want to Rent?
- How Should I Describe the Identification Mode on My Timeshare Rental Contract?
- How Should I Describe the Payment Terms when Drafting a Timeshare Rental Contract?
- What Amenities Should I Consider when Signing a Timeshare Rental Contract?
- How Can I Find Potential Renters for My Timeshare Unit?
- What Types of Timeshare Units Are Easier to Rent as a Landlord?
- How Can I Check if a Timeshare Rental Company Is Legal?
- Should I Get a Broker if I Want a Timeshare Rental?
- When Should I Plan My Itinerary for My Timeshare Rental Vacation?
- What Kinds of Policies Should I Be Aware of before Committing to a Timeshare Rental?
- How Can I Get a Deal on a Timeshare Rental at Innseason Resorts?
- What Are the Advantages to Booking My Club Intrawest Timeshare Rental in Advance?
- What Is the Best Time of Year to Rent a Club Intrawest Timeshare?
- What Should I Consider when Selecting a Club Intrawest Timeshare Location for the Family?