You may have to pay a tax on your Mexican timeshare at the time of purchase but not at the time of sale. There is a value added tax in Mexico of 10 percent on purchases such as timeshare properties. It is known as "IVA" in the Spanish language. But once you have paid this tax already at the time of purchase, you cannot be charged twice for it. The buyer who will purchase your timeshare may again have to pay tax on it, but you need not pay any further tax as a seller. For more info, see our feature 5 Mexico Timeshare Scams to Avoid
Receive weekly travel deals and timeshare bargains
Are There Mexican Taxes on the Sale of a Timeshare?
- What Kinds of Activities Does the Stony Court at Bryce Mountain Resort Feature?
- What Are the Dining Facilities Like at the Stony Court at Bryce Mountain Resort?
- What Amenities do the Stony Court at Bryce Mountain Resort Offer?
- Where Is the Stony Court at Bryce Mountain Timeshare Located?
- What Kind of Person Would Enjoy a Stony Court at Bryce Mountain Timeshare?
Other Buying a Timeshare Articles
- What Are the Foreign Exchange Implications of Trading International Timeshare?
- What Are the Legal Aspects of an International Timeshare?
- What Are the Additional Costs of Trading International Timeshare?
- What Are the Pros of Trading in International Timeshare?
- What Are the Top Caribbean Timeshare Resorts with Interval International?
- How Do I Find Reliable St. Thomas Timeshare Promotions with RCI?
- How Do I Find the Best St. Thomas Timeshare Deals with Interval International?
- How Do Timeshare Owners Rate the Royal Sands Exchange Program?
- How Does the Royal Sands Compare with Other Cancun Royal Resorts?
- What Are Common Complaints about Royal Sands Cancun Timeshares?
- What is the Trade Value of Royal Sands Timeshare?
- Is it Easy to Trade Mayan Palace Timeshare Vacations for Other Spots?
- How Do I Find a Resort Map of Mayan Palace Riviera Maya?
- What is the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Timeshare Trading Power?
- How Do Timeshare Owners Review the Mayan Resorts Exchange Program?
- What Timeshare Exchange is Mayan Palace Riviera Maya Affiliated with?
- How Well Do Sheraton Vistana Timeshares Trade?
- Can I Trade Sheraton Timeshares for Disney Vacation Club Timeshares?
- What Resorts Can You Trade with Sheraton Vistana Timeshares?
- How Do I Trade in My Week at Sheraton Vistana Resort?
- What Should I Prepare to Hear at a Vistana Timeshare Meeting?
- Are There Any Vacation Village at Parkway Timeshare Complaints?
- Who Are the Property Managers of Vacation Village Timeshare Resorts?
- Does Vacation Village at Parkway Buy Back Timeshares?
- Can You Exchange Timeshares within Other Vacation Village Properties?
- How Do Travelers Review Vacation Village at Parkway Timeshares?
- How Much Trade Power Does the Grandview at Las Vegas Have?
- Are There Any Las Vegas Timeshare Properties I Should Avoid?
- What Can I Exchange Grandview at Las Vegas Timeshares for?
- What Are the Pros and Cons of Grandview at Las Vegas Timeshares?